CARLING & SIZZLING COMMUNITY ACTION- 2018/2019 FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
CARLING & SIZZLING COMMUNITY ACTION- 2018/2019 FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS These terms and conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Participant instructions are deemed to form part of these terms and conditions. All participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. The Promoter & Data Controller is Molson Coors Brewing Company (UK) Limited, 137 High Street, Burton upon Trent, DE14 1JZ a company registered in England and Wales with company number 26018. Do not send entries to this address as they will not be accepted.
2. This promotion is open to selective on-trade Sizzling Group customers of the Promoter based in Great Britain that have been offered by their Molson Coors Sales Representative the opportunity to participate in the ‘Carling & Sizzling Community Action’ promotion (“Participant”). Participants representative must either be the landlord, occupier or have the necessary consent of the premises’ licensee to participate and must at least 18 years old or over.
3. The promotion excludes the Promoter’s employees, their immediate families, employees of Project Dirt and any agencies or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
4. Participating Sizzling outlets have chosen a community project to support and raise funds for during the period from 16th July 2018 to 1st April 2019 (the “Promotion Period”.) The chosen community projects was nominated by the participating outlet using the project guidelines below:
- Keep it about the community. We want to help with problems that need fixing outside of the pub and in the wider community;
- The project should enable sociability. We want to be as inclusive as possible. Your idea should benefit more than just a few people and as many of the wider community as possible;
- Make sure your project is tangible. We can’t just give a monetary donation to a local cause;
- Make sure the audience is right for Carling. The things ‘community action’ can’t primarily or solely directly benefit children
(the “Project Guidelines”).
5. Each Participant was permitted to nominate one chose project.
6. The Promotion Period consists of two rounds. Round 1 includes three fund-raising periods; 16th July 2018- 30th September 2018, 1st October 2018-31st December 2018 and 1st January 2019- 31st March 2019 each period is a “Qualifying Round”. Round 2 is the “Voting and Selection Round” which will end within thirty (30) days of each Qualifying Round.
7. The top ten (10) Participants with the average of the highest sale of number of drinks within each Qualifying Round, in accordance with the following criteria will be entered into the Voting and Selection Round. An average will be taken of (Criteria A + Criteria B):
- Criteria A-The percentage uplift of number of Carling Lager sold within each Qualifying Round against a 12- week period prior to the Qualifying Round.
- Criteria B-The percentage uplift of number of Carling Lager sold within each Qualifying Round against a 12- month period prior to the Qualifying Round.
Therefore, the more Carling lager drinks the outlet sells, this increases the chance of the outlet’s chosen project being put forward to the Voting and Selection Round.
8. The top ten Participants will then go through to the Voting and Selection Round. The voting and selection panel will consist of representatives of the Promoter and a judge who is independent of the Promoter. The judging criteria will include: that the project abides by the Project Guidelines, the project is feasible within the timeframes of the Promotion, is perceived to have a significant local community benefit (in the opinion of the panel), complies with any applicable laws and any other criteria set by the Promoter. The decision on winning projects is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The prizes awarded will be dependent on the winning projects who are selected by the judging panel. The scope of each project, the funding of each project and execution of each project is at the discretion of the Promoter. The Promoter’s agency will contact the relevant third parties to fulfil each prize. The Promoter’s agency shall procure each project and sub-contract the works to deliver each project.
10. In each Qualifying Round the Participant must keep a record of the proceeds raised during any outlet led fundraising activities towards the chosen project.
11. If the project is selected as a winning project in the Voting & Selection Round the proceeds raised by the Participant during the outlet led fundraising activities must be handed over to Project Dirt towards the project. If the Project is not selected as a winning project the proceeds raised by the Participant during the outlet led fundraising activities will be given to their chosen project by Mitchells & Butlers.
12. The Promoter is not responsible for Participant outlet led fundraising activities.
13.Participants will find out if their project has been successful within 30 (thirty) days following each Voting and Selection Round of the Promotional Period. Winners will be notified by their Molson Coors Sales Representative. Non-winners will not be contacted. The winner will be subject to a verification process to confirm that the winner satisfies these terms and conditions.
14. If the beneficiary of a project does not respond to their notification that they have won a project or the scope of the project changes or they do not wish to accept the project, this will result in their project being forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected based on a reserve chosen at the time of the original selection and under the same terms and conditions as the original selection. The new project winner will then be notified.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Participant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the Participant has breached any of the terms and conditions.
16. Each project in whole or in part is non-transferable. No cash or alternative project will be offered in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a project.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control.
18. The Promoter will collect personal information from Participants for the purposes of administering this promotion and will share this personal information with its marketing agency, prize provider and Project Dirt Limited who will be supporting the Promoter with the promotion. This includes contacting the winner via telephone and publicising information about the project winner by post.
19. If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any Participant or third party of cheating, deception, or fraudulent conduct of any kind the Promoter or the participating outlet reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any Participant or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity. Failure by the Promoter or the participating outlet to enforce any of their rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
20. To the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered or sustained as a result of participation in the promotion.
21. The Promoter does not take responsibility for, recommend or guarantee the performance of any contractual or other obligations of third parties associated with the project and shall not be liable for any fraud committed by any third party.
22. With the exception of death or personal injury arising out of the Promoter’s negligence or the negligence of its employees, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law, all liability whatsoever on the part of the Promoter for any costs, expenses, losses, damages, liabilities, injury or disappointment including any loss of profits, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings and whether special, direct, indirect, consequential, suffered by the Participant howsoever arising in connection with the promotion are excluded.
23. The name of each winning Participant will be available by sending a SAE to Customer Marketing, Molson Coors Brewing Company (UK) Limited, 137 High Street, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire DE14 1JZ from 30th April 2019 for a period of 3 months.
24. Participants may be required to participate in reasonable unpaid publicity as specified by the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to use the Participants name and reference their pub and publish those details on www.carling.com and the Carling social media pages.
25. These Terms and Conditions, this promotion and any other dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
26. The Promoter does not intend to use this promotion in any way to encourage the excessive consumption of alcohol.